Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly-owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
This position is responsible for providing plumbing maintenance and repair to the St. John’s Campus alongside the Facility Manager. Strong attention to detail, initiative, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team is essential to the role.
- Assemble, install, maintain, and repair piping, fixtures and appliances for the supply of water waste, compressed gas, cooling fluids. Maintain, troubleshoot and fix HVAC units, air compressors and high-pressure equipment. Examples of daily tasks:
- Preventative maintenance of HVAC units
- Troubleshoot and repair dehumidifiers and humidifiers
- Install appliances such as sump pumps, irrigation lines, A/C heads
- Input and update information in computerized maintenance management software
- Resolve maintenance issues or complaints
- Ensure cleanliness of the facility at all times
- Communicate with team, contractors and suppliers
- Ensure work completed in accordance with company safety procedures
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures, including machine maintenance logs
- Must be able to work a variety of different shifts
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem-solving skills; willingness and flexibility to foresee and overcome obstacles
- Working knowledge and experience in a wide variety of maintenance tasks including basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and finishing work
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
This is a full-time position based out of St. John’s, Newfoundland.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.