Supply Assistant Needed at Newrest – Calgary, Canada.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year-end closing 2018 (September) Newrest is 94,58% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (340 managers). The remaining capital is held by Private Equity Funds (3,5%) and Private Investors (1,92%).
- Moving Grocery, Fridge & Freezer product from receiving to storage and to the floor;
- Prioritize, organize, and ensure stock is put away promptly, following all instructions;
- Ensure all products have shelf tags and / or appropriate labels;
- Rotating stock in freezer, walk-in Fridge, and other designated storage areas;
- Dispose products in fridges & freezer so they will be easy to grab/collect;
- Prepare orders for production (Thawing List);
- Ensure that freezer is cleaned;
- Ensure to empty Cardboard bin 3 times a day;
- Discard expired items and fill the disposed food binder;
- Notify Manager of any special orders or product requests from other departments;
- Any additional job responsibilities as required by the Team Lead/ Manager
Domain of intervention General duties of the Supply Department:
- The Supply Assistant supervises other employees and performs the following tasks:
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the Food items
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities, report any unsanitary practice / unsafe condition
- Set up equipment, maintain clean workstation, ensure sanitation before shift / before leaving
- Make sure racks are properly identified, wrapped and moved away from chemicals / hazardous
- Store the supply in the appropriate storage
- Track ALL the outputs that are issued
- Accurately complete routine documentation, such as pick sheets, manifests, and unload lists
- Must wear Security equipment & outfit while on duty
- Adhere to all laws and policies with regards to unit operations, health, safety, & hygiene compliance
- Substances, respect all food safety, health & safety, company rules & standards
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to work in Cold environment of temperature between -21°C to 10°C
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP
- Ideally 1 – 2 years in a similar position
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be on full time position
- Must have Computer Skills
How to Apply:
Email to [email protected]
Salary : To be discussed